Thursday Sept 13, 6pm
Advance tickets: Student $6, Adult $12
Parking is a complex topic, but it’s something we ponder...often. We think of parking as a “quantity” in relation to a place. But what urban and design factors influence our desire for parking and how?
Join us as we take a second look at parking: how we store, and where, and why. We're curious to understand why we've become so attached to parking, and to peek into the future of what parking might look like as transportation technologies evolve over time.
- Aaron Betsky (Moderator) Aaron is the President of the School of Architecture at Taliesin as well as a critic, curator, and author of over a dozen books on art, architecture and design
- Alkarim Devani is the Founder of RNDSQR
- Reachel Knight is the Manager, Facilities at the Calgary Parking Authority and a regional director with the Canadian Parking Association
- Judy MacDougall is a Principal at Kasian and focused on buildings that deliver impactful and human-centred experiences
- Thom Mahler is the Manager, Urban Strategy with the City of Calgary with particular focus on the Centre City and its priority Main Streets with a view to delivering development in high value locations
- Ali McMillan is the Planning and Development Director for the Bridgeland Riverside Community Association